As of today, May 17th, 2019, for this calendar year, Mom at School collected donations from 9 generous backers totaling Nu 167,498 and in-kind donations of an unknown value from 2 sponsors. Mom at School wants to thank these benefactors for their altruistic support in delivering relieve for our most destitute students.
Total spending (YTD) amounted to Nu 205,119:
- Tuition, housing & boarding for a last semester aspiring nurse at the Reldri Academy, now renamed Arura Academy of Health Science, Nu 60 K. Later she received a ‘packed’ tablet computer with some accessories to assist her in her education and workpractice, valued at Nu 18 K.
- Laptop computer, camera & accessories, for a 2nd semester Media/Dzongkha student at the RUB Sherubse College, Nu 46 K (of which Nu 24 K will be reimbursed by her uncle in monthly instalments to the Mom at School program at the Dungkar PS in Lhuntse. Additionally she was equipped with a 3/4G WiFi data dongle and data bundle worth, Nu 10 K
- 5 Hairdressing sets for 3 schools, Nu 11K
- Clothing, stationary & miscellaneous for a Class V girl in Changzamtok School, Thimphu, Nu 12 K
- Clothing, pocket money & miscellaneous for a 2nd yr. student at RUB CST, Nu 14.5 K
- Clothing, pocket money & miscellaneous for a Grade XII boy at Tenzin HSS, Nu 8.5 K
- Basics for a boy and a girl at Scherubgatshel LSS, Nu 6.5 K
- Basics for a girl at Gongpassingma LSS, Nu 3 K
- Miscellaneous for a Grade XI girl at Rinchen HSS , Nu 5 K
- 30 Umbrellas for the Dungkar Pry. School, PM
- 8 school bags for the Dungkar Pry. School, PM
- Miscellaneous, Nu 10.5 K
Current (uncommitted) funds stand at Nu 63,167.
Since its establishment in April 2015, Mom at School received funding (excl. in-kind aid) amounting to approx. NU 1,020 K (€ 13 K; US$ 14,5 K) and spent approx. Nu 957 K (€ 12,2 K; US$ 13.6 K). To see the full financial overview, please visit: https://mom-at-school.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Mom-at-School-Accumulated-Records.pdf
Mom at School is currently low on funds. If you are compassionate for your disadvantaged young compatriots, please support us; so we, together, can bring relieve to those who most need it and to give them a fair shot at a just and happy future.
Donations are welcome at: BoB account # 200906754.