Updated: july 2, 2019
In the first 6 months of this year, Mom at School collected donations from 11 generous backers totaling Nu 261,888 and in-kind donations of an unknown value from 2 sponsors. Mom at School wants to thank these benefactors for their altruistic support in delivering relieve for our most destitute students.
Total spending (YTD) amounted to Nu 265,144:
- Tuition, housing & boarding for a last semester aspiring nurse at the Reldri Academy, now renamed Arura Academy of Health Science, Nu 60 K. Later she received a ‘packed’ tablet computer with some accessories to assist her in her education and workpractice, valued at Nu 18 K. Mom at School also provided Nu 22,500 for housing and travel cost for the 2nd half year of 2019.
- Laptop computer, camera & accessories, for a 2nd semester Media/Dzongkha student at the RUB Sherubse College, Nu 46 K . Additionally she was equipped with a 3/4G WiFi data dongle and data bundle worth, Nu 10 K
- 5 Hairdressing sets for 3 schools, Nu 11K
- Clothing, stationary & miscellaneous for a Class V girl in Changzamtok School, Thimphu, Nu 12 K
- Clothing, pocket money & miscellaneous for a 2nd yr. student at RUB CST, Nu 14.5 K
- Clothing, pocket money & miscellaneous for a Grade XII boy at Tenzin HSS, Nu 8.5 K
- Clothing, footwear, sportswear, utensils, stationary, bedding and personal care items for 2 girls (Class V & VII) at the Dechheling LSS totaling Nu 30 K.
- Basics for a boy and a girl at Scherubgatshel LSS, Nu 6.5 K
- Basics for a girl at Gongpassingma LSS, Nu 3 K
- Miscellaneous for a Grade XI girl at Rinchen HSS , Nu 5 K
- 30 Umbrellas for the Dungkar Pry. School, PM
- 8 school bags for the Dungkar Pry. School, PM
- Miscellaneous, Nu 10.5 K
Current (uncommitted) funds stand at Nu 94 K.
Since its establishment in April 2015, Mom at School received funding (excl. in-kind aid) amounting to approx. NU 1,100 K (€ 14,1 K; US$ 15.9 K) and spent approx. Nu 1,017.3 K (€ 14.3K; US$ 159.6 K). To see the full financial overview, please visit: https://mom-at-school.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Mom-at-School-accounts-6-2019.pdf
If you are compassionate for your disadvantaged young compatriots, please support us; so we, together, can bring relieve to those who most need it and to give them a fair shot at a just and happy future. Bhutan’s needy ones will be most grateful for your kindness.
Donations are welcome at Ms Wangmo’s: BoB account # 200906754 or at # NL04 INGB 0662 4239 09 in my name (P.L. Buijsrogge) both on behalf of Mom at School.